Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Natural and Player Caused disasters
Phoenix
post Oct 27 2005, 08:31 AM
Post #1

Familiar Face

Group: Members
Member No.: 494

I think it would be a good idea to have a few disasters that are controled by a admin or say a random player incident say 1 or 2 times a month?

Eg. a group of players are mining in a cave,it collapes trapping every1 but a few players, those players who are outside run to a town and tell the head of the town, a player notice comes up for every1 in the town gets a message saying that a group of miners are trapped in the miners cave, any helpful player goes to help those trapped in the cave by digging through the collasped entrance,then have a time limit before the miners die or the cave collapses killing the miners so the rescuers need to work fast as a team, after those who who were trapped are free all the people that helped will get a reward and a some reputation points for that town for saving the "lives" of the trapped miners.

if a player helps other players alot and takes part in the disasters they will earn another type of "Fame" ingame for there good deeds to other players.

What do you think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Honis
post Oct 27 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #2

Veteran

Group: PW Developer
Member No.: 539

Sounds like a Live Content type of thing.

Only thing I see that could be wring is that for this particular example, PC characters will be annoyed by trapped an unable to do anything for x amount of time. (NPCs could easily be subbed in.)

Having a PC in charge of desasters sounds like a bad thing. From personal experience, when someone is given temp. power over something (espestially a possible distructive thing) it goes insane. (By personal exp. I mean I'm one of the insane people looking for ways to screw other people for no reason :twisted: ).

An algorithym for random natural disasters would be neat. (Smaller scale stuff, nothing like a hurricanes or 7 R. earthquakes :shudders:).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
xardy
post Oct 27 2005, 10:45 AM
Post #3

Seasoned User

Member No.: 527

i would use npc's, think that the people who need to be rescued will get verry anoyed or use gm controlled miners or something else i think you would find an empty mine becaus the player just logd out .
+Quote Post
Phoenix
post Oct 27 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #4

Familiar Face

Member No.: 494

npc would be better now i think bout it.

i thought up another 1: theres a storm and a ferry boat is sinkin out to sea on the coast, u need to get a boat and rescue the people before they drown same reward as before
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 10:45 PM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired