> ProjectWish needs a mission statement
Mole
post Jan 13 2005, 04:31 AM
Post #1

PW Consultant

Group: PW Developer
Member No.: 97

We need a mission statement.

What is a mission statement? A mission statement is a statement of the role (or purpose) by which an organization intends to serve its stakeholders. It describes what the organization does (our capabilities), who it serves (our stakeholders), and what makes the organization unique (our justification for existence).

The mission statement needs to define our purpose and reason for being. It needs to say what, in the end, ProjectWish will be remembered for.

It should be noted that our stakeholders are the MMORPG community at large, and specifically the Wish community.

Our mission statement (at the very least) needs to answer these three key questions:

1) What is the purpose of ProjectWish?
2) What is the business of ProjectWish? (What do we do?)
3) What are the principles or beliefs that guide our work?

Some other key points of our mission statement should be that:
- it needs to express ProjectWish?s purpose in a way that inspires support and commitment. For those of us who are familiar with Wish, our name alone does this. For those new people who don?t know what Wish even is, it should speak to them.
- it needs to motivate us.
- it needs to be written in a way that is easy to understand.
- it needs to describe what we do.
- it needs to use words chosen for their meaning and clarity (not cleverness and beauty).
- it should be short enough so that people can know it.

Sure I can come up with something for myself, but it won?t have much meaning to many of you. This is where I turn to you, the ProjectWish community. We need your input and suggestions on what our mission statement should be.

I?ll start you off with an example. This example is taken directly from a different MMORPG that is currently in development. Here is what they say their mission statement is (slightly edited to remove names):

Now I want to hear your ideas. Tell PW what you think its mission should be.

--------------------
Co-Founder & Consultant
Project Wish
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dezwo
post Jan 13 2005, 06:25 AM
Post #2

Seasoned User

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

Our mission ist to provide a deep and meaningful gaming experience similar to the one found in pen and paper roleplaying games by establishing an immersive and believable environment where player actions actually matter.

Later,

dezwo
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 11:53 PM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired