Project Wish  
Project Wish
Project Wish
hardwired

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't read the menu title, or menu text?
iti
post Dec 25 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 859

dry.gif
I just downloaded and installed Dwarf this moment. I ran it and accepted th default settings. After waiting a second, I saw a strip at the top of my monitor, with some white slashing marks above it and white or grey outlines of words.

Sorry its hard to describe. So I headed for the X button, which didtnt work, but escape worked great.

Then I ran it again and got the same thing. I was hoping the configureer would show again so I could change the settings, but it didnt.

After I found the file and made the changes to higher resolution, I tried again. I could read some of the words, but not all. So I am confused by this.

Doesnt it use regular text? And why wouldnt it show clearly?

I tried a search but nothing showed, sorry if this has been answered a 1000 times already.

Also, do you mind if I edit the text file that we receive with dwarf? Its got some spelling errors, just two. But I would really like to add a few lines regarding changing graphic settings and how to find the file, etc.

A week ago, I wouldnt have been able to figure that out myself, LOL.

Also, could you please put the icons in the left panel on a white background? The high contrast hurts my eyes, smile.

Actually so does this window.... too much contrast. I dont see a way to chang the background color here either.

Thanks for your help.

This post has been edited by iti: Dec 25 2006, 09:15 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jerky
post Dec 25 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Former PW Project Manager

Group: PW Admin
Member No.: 62

The screenshot looks like an issue with your gfx card or your drivers. What card do you have and what settings are you using. I posted in your other thread regarding the site's color scheme.

Thanks for the feedback.

--------------------
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
Project Manager
My Blog
+Quote Post
iti
post Dec 26 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #3

I have a Geforce 6600 new in september. What settings? I tried it in the default first, then the jumped down the list to a higher resolution.

I dont have any challenges when I run the ogre samples, using the same settings and wizard (it looks the same anyway). Weird.

This post has been edited by iti: Dec 26 2006, 12:51 AM
+Quote Post
iti
post Dec 26 2006, 01:11 AM
Post #4

I just tried it in the openGl instead of direct X and I was able to see the text, but of course it was dead slow and unusable.

The graphics look like something in the lighting is turned way up. So I take it this hasnt happened to anyone else and thats why it didnt show in a search..... Im so lucky. LOL. Glad you dropped in tonight, thanks.
+Quote Post
iti
post Dec 26 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #5

OK, snooping throught the files I spy one called CEGUI.log (crazy eddies?). It shows an error over and over again, LOL:

Exception: FontManager::getFont - A Font object with the specified name 'Commonwealth-10' does not exist within the system

So where can I download the commonwealth-10 to my system? If you think that's it.

Thanks again

I read some notes on cegui at Ogre and find the commonwealth-10 hard coded into the software. So I guess I need to get the dwarf software, take that out and compile it again?

I havent looked to see if it is available or not.

Nope the source code isnt available yet.... so can one of you please check that out for me? pretty please? blink, blink.

It's in formattedData.layout

This post has been edited by iti: Dec 26 2006, 10:54 AM
+Quote Post
iti
post Dec 26 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #6

Ok, so I copied one of the other fonts, blue something.10 and named it commonwealth-10.font and put it in the gui, and font dir.

It still doesnt find it, so I give up. Someplace with regards to CEGUI it says to be sure to compile the new files. Does that help?

Thanks much
Iti
+Quote Post
iti
post Dec 26 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #7

In desperation am reading through anything I can find and in the Dwarf.log ( dont know why I didnt notice this log before) I found this error:
===================================
10:32:45: Parsing script hdr.material
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/Downsample2x2Luminence at line 27 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_Tex2a_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/Downsample2x2Luminence at line 50 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_GLSL_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/Downsample3x3 at line 94 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_Tex2a_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/Downsample3x3 at line 117 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_GLSL_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/Downsample3x3Brightpass at line 167 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_Tex2a_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/Downsample3x3Brightpass at line 197 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_GLSL_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/GaussianBloom0 at line 246 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_Tex2a_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/GaussianBloom0 at line 270 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_GLSL_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/GaussianBloom1 at line 297 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_Tex2a_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/GaussianBloom1 at line 321 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_GLSL_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/ToneMapping at line 370 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_Tex2a_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Error in material Ogre/Compositor/HDR/ToneMapping at line 403 of hdr.material: Invalid vertex_program_ref entry - vertex program Ogre/Compositor/StdQuad_GLSL_vp has not been defined.
10:32:45: Pa
=================================
it says ....GaussianBloom1..... is this what is creating the expanded font or whatever I am seeing?

This post has been edited by iti: Dec 26 2006, 11:56 AM
+Quote Post
iti
post Dec 26 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #8

Ok, so I removed my drivers and installed them again. And it is working fine, except the cursor moves slowy. Anyway to speed that up?

Thanks

I dont see any way to delete all these posts, can someone do that, no need to take up space.
+Quote Post
joshpurple
post Dec 26 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #9

PW Artist

Group: PW Developer
Member No.: 613

Hi Iti! smile.gif

I'm just seeing your posts now, -cool that you've got it going, good work! Tap shift to increase your movement speed, you can tap it repeatedly to gain more speed.

And, have you seen/found the 'Dwarf Manual?' It should be in your 'Dwarf Alpha' folder. If you don't have that, let me know & I'll send the .txt file, it's not long, and it helps with navigation a lot.

Good work! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
iti
post Dec 26 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #10

thanks. I copied the mini tut from this forum. I thought I would put it in an ebook to add to the project, if I can remember where I put the ebook software!

Also got a headache trying to drag my trees, grass around and getting the object I wanted. I read elswhere that an object list will be added. How close are we to that?

You like the 'are we'? Im always trying to join....

If you read this again can you name an all around book or two on game building? Software building, scripting, graphics types all that stuff.

Id like to start at the beginning and work my way up to this part.

Thanks, and please delete the stuff above.
+Quote Post
joshpurple
post Dec 26 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #11

PW Artist

Member No.: 613

No problem, happy to help! smile.gif

When using the world editor DWARF, objects will move through each other (once in game, and not in the editor, then object collision will be active).

I'm not one who can delete the above posts smile.gif , I'm just a happy art Dev biggrin.gif . A moderator might be able to, but, no worries -it helps to see good questions.

Great question on the game building. I'd recommend the latest version of Blender (free), checking out some Blender tutorials. Otherwise, the answers to that great question can go forever smile.gif . Some areas to think of; Modeling, check out Polycount. Game level building, keep working with DWARF & maybe check out Unreal Tournament & the UT Editor (could be any number of games currently, -for checking out the world editors), animation... since you might be looking at Blender, check out .bvh and Blender. Those are just ideas.

Glad you are trying to join! Thank You and Please do! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Alter demise
post Dec 27 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #12

PW Sound Team Lead

Group: PW Team Leader
Member No.: 692

QUOTE(iti @ Dec 26 2006, 11:25 PM) *

thanks. I copied the mini tut from this forum. I thought I would put it in an ebook to add to the project, if I can remember where I put the ebook software!

Also got a headache trying to drag my trees, grass around and getting the object I wanted. I read elswhere that an object list will be added. How close are we to that?

You like the 'are we'? Im always trying to join....

If you read this again can you name an all around book or two on game building? Software building, scripting, graphics types all that stuff.

Id like to start at the beginning and work my way up to this part.

Thanks, and please delete the stuff above.

As far as taking out your previous posts, we generally dont do that unless its something vulgar... We keep everyones posts, it allows all of us to use it as a learning tool.

As far as joining, what type of stuff are you interested in doing?

--------------------
"If you never think outside the box, in time you will find that you have truly never thought at all"

Proud supporter of CCE and DFS control systems
+Quote Post
Mole
post Jan 3 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #13

PW Consultant

Member No.: 97

Hi iti, and welcome to Project Wish!

Were you able to get your DWARF installation to work?

--------------------
Co-Founder & Consultant
Project Wish
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:14 PM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired