Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Financing Idea
anthrorob
post Jan 12 2005, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

I originally posted this at mmorpg.com but here it is again:

This is the second game that I was watching with in anticipation to get cancelled. The other was WARHAMMER ONLINE.

Sadly, having vision does not equate to having financial backing. The sudden announcement may have been due to personal reasons of individuals at the head of the company. Ultimately you need financial backing today, since you have to compete with SONY (EQ2) and BLIZZARD (WoW) whose large coporate backing.

Look at AC and AC2. Bought back from a neglectful Microsoft, they (I imagine) just barely support themselves.

My theory is: Mutable Realms knew they were unable to further finance it, but by going "live" beta, they could show would-be backers that they had what it takes (which they may have, we may never know.) Alas, sans funding, the game was doomed.

If anyone is out there at Mutable Realms or the Old Warhammer Online folks, reading this, I have a huge suggestion.

With all the hype generated, try to sell private shares of the company to PLAYERS, say $10 a share. For every share they get a free month when the game goes public and a space in Beta if they buy X number of shares. Then either offer to buy back shares (at X% increase) or offer dividends after X number of years. While a lot of MMO players are tight fisted fools who want something for nothing, there are a number of more loyal folks who may send off some dough to own part of the company and have a little voice in what is done.

IF oh say 50% (a hugely unrealistic number) of the 50,000 beta testers invested $20 then Mutable Realms would have a $500,000 cash injection.

Any Devs, etc of these games or others feel free to contact me.

Anthrorob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Vampirian
post Jan 12 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

We will be looking at all options once we get to that stage. As for now, there is NO such thing as a development/or theory stage being closed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:29 PM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired