Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gil Gadal saying Hi
Gil Gadal
post Jan 11 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #1

Familiar Face

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Hello all, I am so happy that this has formed. I am still in a state of depression...which is so wierd...never been so hocked on a game in my entire life...Came so sudden and hit so dam hard...I was in a state of shock...to see the Wish game over pic down at Stratics still brings a tear to my eye.

I thought I was one of the only ones that seemed to take it the news of this game ending really extreme. But it is good to see others...

Have not been able to keep my self busy as I usually do with my martial arts training as it is holidays and I have no where to train. So instead this is what I have done with my time.
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/crimso...inaltribute.jpg

The ChK guild boards have all quite as we are in mourning and have nothing to play...Lets be hounest...nothing seems quite right...I need my Wish.

I am here to fight the cuase...I really doubt MR will be getting the sever up and running but if they do yehaa...Otherwise if we have to sit and rebuild the game from scratch...So be it

I wish I would be able to lend a hand in what ever I could possible do...computer things are not really my speciality..I only play the things...Although I am not that bad at writting...so if I am good enough I might be able to work on live content things and questing...What ever I can do to get this game back up and running I will.

I know my brother aka Kugar plays around a bit with 3D studio max...and he mentioned if it ever came about he would be happy to work with the modeling...Although he wont come in here and post some of his work at the moment as he has only just made little things like a few swords, a bridge over a river. But he wants to work on some wish stuff before he comes around...like work on thier models.

Lets get this all happening again...This is the happiest I have felt since the bad news hit

--------------------
Name: Gil Gadal
Guild: Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
Site: www.chkforum.tk
Proud Ex-Wish beta 2.0 tester
Ganedan: WISH I was there...
Wish Project...Fight for the cause!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sblmnl
post Jan 11 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #2

Familiar Face

Group: Validating
Member No.: 114

Hiya Gil, if it helps, I feel the same. Completely hooked after 4 days, I cant play it any more, friends are hassling me to go play UO again but instead I'm obsessively combing the boards for news and posting the Project Wish url everywhere hehe. I know, I know, sad case

OT: I think I saw you in Wish, in one of the elven towns?
+Quote Post
Metro +
post Jan 11 2005, 05:23 PM
Post #3

Seasoned User

Member No.: 35

I saw quite a few of the Crimson Hell Knights, in a Dwarvin Mining town.

--------------------
irc://irc.sorcery.net/projectwish -- Come Idle and show support.
+Quote Post
DeadPaladin
post Jan 11 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 122

yep that would have been us, we made that our home base and i was loving it. bolongjaji here...still in complete shock and depression
+Quote Post
Metro +
post Jan 11 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Seasoned User

Yeah, I think the larger guilds that formed are hurting pretty bad because of this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DeadPaladin
post Jan 11 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 122

and another bad thing are the friends we made online...like i know a guy that joined ChK but i dont think he ever got the website url....so hes "lost but never forgotten"
+Quote Post
Metro +
post Jan 11 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #7

Seasoned User

That's a disappointment, I really wish MR gave more than a 20 minute notice before killing the servers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gil Gadal
post Jan 11 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #8

Familiar Face

Ahh yeah I spent a lot of time around the Elven towns, Trying very hard to rid out forrests of bandits. Almost every time I ogged on I tried to rally together from a group and help me with the exterminations.

Ahh down at Courok? You would have seen Pim, Bol, Dark, Enur, possibly hellworm (although I think he was over in merriton with running midget. We were all over there world...I not even sure where all us us were LoL cause we are from all around the world I still didn't get enough time in game to see all the members online...which is a same..but I know we would have been around were all the races were...Still such a shame and how our own boards are still very quite as we now have no home were fully excited about finally having a game that we would all be playing which we haven't had for like 2 yrs as we have just been drifting around. It has been a hard blow thats for sure...I have no where I really actually want to go rather then Wish...I will try other games but yeah. I was about to re vamp our website and it was going to have a wish feel to it as that was going to be our home game...and now nothing...we are back to sq one and now have no real will to go anywhere.

and man it is not a sad case...I am still the same I have my tribute banner of wish as my background atm...have not unistalled the game. I tought I was the saddest case around but at least thier are others in my shoes and it makes me fell welcome.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Azgaroth
post Jan 12 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #9

Power User

Member No.: 14

hehe, Gil, same here, ive just uninstalled SWG nd Ryzom, cant play them anymore... :( havent uninstalled the Wish beta :)

i lost contact with all comrades in Wish, all exept 1 that i knew from swg... totaly forgot to ive em my mail or anything like that, got to upset by "The message"....

--------------------
// Azgaroth of the Refugees
+Quote Post
Foresteer
post Jan 12 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 143

Well personly wish was the final bastion... anybody notice gaming and moo as a whole has been sucking lately? well wish wasn't gonna be like them it wasn't the "G4-ttv gamerz d3wdistic" prance around the park gaming has become..

I felt ALIVE for the first time in 2 years (i was also looking forward to GTA:SA but it wasn't nealy as good as VC but thats another rant) so after being nothing but dissapointed by gaming for about the last 2 years i finaly got excited.. for once in my life i was truely happy to thing a game custom made for me almost was coming out! but no it wasn't to be.. well i don't take this as a game being cancled.. this is more MUCH more.. this is a way of life.. the way of life know as the true gamer also dieing

(In fact unless something big happens or another big mmo thats all RP and not for "dewds" but actualy opposes them like wish did then i am after 12 years hanging up my gaming stripes.. maybe its just time to quit if this is what gaming is to become? *sigh*)

so i feel you gil.... i have more then a game riding on this.. this very well could become the extinction of gaming as we helped make it to be

welcome to the project i just joined too but hopefully if we can't save wish we can at least start gamings true last bastion in a new open-sorce project
+Quote Post
Gil Gadal
post Jan 12 2005, 05:47 AM
Post #11

Familiar Face

Heya Bol...glad to see some ChK'ers comming around to help the cause...I know exactly what is happening we got like 3 new members that were willing to join and I think Jaku was interested but the sever closed the new members we wont see again. Which is very sad...I have been running the ChK for roughly four years now we have had ups and downs and this was going to be the biggest up since we started...and we were going to be there a long time.

Foresteer I have not been an MMORPG gamer for as long as you have but I have enjoyed my life gamming. Always had a place in my heart for fantasy...Although you have a lot more experiance behind you in this genre I feel the same way...This wasn't just a game...this game was freedom...

I am hoping that we can band together to create what it was that made Wish more then just a game...

Criaus, I am certain what made the community of Wish so great would have to be the Live Content...this brought people a lot closer then usual and along with the type of gammers this game brought over.

I am not quite sure I remember you much...seeing the last few days of beta testing I spent my time gathering as many folk as I could to rid our forrests of the elven bandits...

Well I am hoping that with this game comes more friends of the ChK and that the slump we have hit because we are still suffering shock as mentioned by Bol...So hopefully we can pick ourselves up and dust off our knees...I will be sticking by project Wish as long as the game happens to be everything Wish was...and what it wasn't....Complete.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Foresteer
post Jan 12 2005, 06:08 AM
Post #12

"Experience" is a feel not how much one has learned ;) never forget that

and you have stated so perfectly "I feel the same way...This wasn't just a game...this game was freedom... " most of my "experience" as you put it was waiting for a wish to come along it was the first true mmorpg out there as it let you do anything.. it was at is essence Freedom

And you are right we've got a game to make.. lets get cracking :D <insert WOOOT here>

(boy o boy i feel even more excited over the potential of project wish then i did about wish itself!) and if we make a game this is gonna be a VERY unique footnote in gaming history i mean.. "The first real mmorpg was made because one set of devs just gave up.. then all the fans got together and made another game instead"
+Quote Post
Azgaroth
post Jan 12 2005, 06:20 AM
Post #13

Power User

Gil, yeah, Jaku wanted to join you, i heard him cry out that the last hour, when we shared a fire at the grand Gathering, but he got no reply, atleast that i heard...

as so many has mentioned, and with a risk of sounding a bit nerdish, but you that understand, understand, you other, well, i feel pity for you, Wish wasnt just a game, it was freedom as Gil said, it also had a spirit, that made the game feel alive, and the fact that when you once had cleansed a area of critters, they didnt respawn, not that we noticed, me and my firends cleansed 2 spots around "Kemi"(i seem to never remember the full name), my home, and they did not return... wich was a good feeling for a troll hunter and elf protecter as me... just read the mails from the MR-dude(also here i dont remember his name) so now i feel kinda sad in the sadness... but we still got hope, right? if we dont get wish, lets make a game inspierd by Wish...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gil Gadal
post Jan 12 2005, 06:26 AM
Post #14

Familiar Face

I am also very excited...also very scared...I am wanting to make a game modeled on Wish...if not Wish it's self...This is how hard it is going to be to move on. I know I may not ever see Ganedan again a;though I am hoping that with this game we can make a new Ganedan...A place that offers just as much and is even more wonderful to look at and explore...and Even Bigger :twisted:

Also just for me and the ChK...add a little more PvP aspect keeping PvE the main aspect though. As I recent; read seeing I never got to get into PvP that Wish had made an arena...I thought they made an area :roll:

I think the area is a better idea. Having a battleing arena like the coloseum just doesn't do it for me...it turns it to much into a sport...rather then a hunt. An area on the other hand...a baronless wasteland where the laws of the world have no affect what so ever...Me and some friends placed to gether a few ideas for an MMORPG, my bro wants to work in the game industry. But our PvP was something similar...towns and your normal world areas have rules and laws that govern them preventing combat between races of the world...but there are areas further away from civilsed cities and towns where these laws cannot stretch...you can still go out there and mine chop trees hunt monsters but PvP is not stoped...This place is so far out that you will also find more terrible more often then roaming normal forrests and other areas in the world.

Hmm now I forgot what my point was...O well I just don't want to seethis game turn away from Wish.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Foresteer
post Jan 12 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #15

yeah have a windswept volcanic vally with fire, sulfur and the bones of the dead everywhere :twisted: (but only have pk in that one area.. this isn't gonna be to focused on PVP also have a collesium for the sportsmanly)

and what are you talking about "the wildy" of "the game that shall not be named"? cuz it sure seems that way :P i liked the wildy personaly.. but lets not have to much focus on PVP
+Quote Post
Gil Gadal
post Jan 12 2005, 06:41 AM
Post #16

Familiar Face

Hahaha yeah...where I first got my introduction into MMORPG's LoL how poor is that.

But the concept was good...that one area not force to go thier and didn't need to...but it was open PvP...I know that game shall not be named but some concepts where good and it was where my love for the freedom style game came and I left the character class behind :oops:

--------------------
+Quote Post
Azgaroth
post Jan 12 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #17

Power User

one thing i thought bout when it comes to pvp was, why dont we let guilds have to oppertunity to take over citys? and then i dont mean by force, but with politics, and then guild can declare wars upon eachother, but there will be a war ONLY if the Guilds in the was has declared upon eachother or accept the challenge.... ehm... in a hurry, my lunch brake is soon over, ill be back in some hours to talk more.... well, it was just an idea i got last night when i went to bed...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Foresteer
post Jan 12 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #18

hmm thats an idea.. but i don't like guilds controlling things like that :/ i am usualy a loner player and that puts lone players at a disadvantage... i also don't like guilds haveing to much say about things (like guilds in wish could pick player housing as far as i understood... and thats just a bad idea) player housing should br A. buy a plot of land B. build on it so then you can have masonry skills and such and C. edit you plot of land *add remove trees build statues large or small etc.* so anybody can live where they please
+Quote Post
Gil Gadal
post Jan 12 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #19

Familiar Face

Now while I would love to see guilds able to take over cities...it should only be like a tiny hand full of cities...this would only be to bring the aspect of GvG into game aswell...say not even 10 towns...this places a small amount of towns availble and a large amount of guilds fighting for conrtol...

This along with normal towns isn't bad...although weather I can lead my guild to take over a town isn't that great of an issue..it would be cool but I am not that fussed with it.

Player houses...well I myself am not much with my own house but I know that a lot are and this should definatly also be part...I am Happy if I am able to have a guild hall...that acts as my house and that also is enough for me if Town takes overs werent there. So I am middle ground.

I don't think a game should be guild based now though (even though I did follow DE for some time) I just think this is not the way to go...just normal cities is great and to help add an extra GvG aspect a tiny amount of cities is fine but not all...the game becomes much to based on this GvG thing and now you loose the PvE which is so good. GvG should only be a small little thingthat is avalible to guilds like mine out there...but even then it isn't a majorpart of the game...

Well off to bed and then I'll be away for a few days...so I might see you all if I jump on before I leave...or when I get back

--------------------
+Quote Post
Azgaroth
post Jan 12 2005, 09:04 AM
Post #20

Power User

as i said, it was just a idea from the time when i enter bed... so dont get all fussy bout it :D ... anyway... as you said, it would prolly take the PvE away and we would get loads of GvG/PvP players taht would pwn and 1337 and such mumbo-jumbo :( ... but what about everyone has to name theemselves like Ã?â?ºber haxxor 1337 m4573r and such cool stuff.....or not....

ehm... i prolly should remove my own message cos it is kinda off topic...

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 04:00 AM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired