Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Freeworld Online?
Valkyrie
post Jan 14 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Familiar Face

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

I was looking last days through many MMORPG projects that are unfounded and community driven but already on their way.
I must say so far Freeworld Online (www.freeworldonline.com) is the most close to Wish and already astounding finished.
I has walking/running/swimming/2 types of crouching and because of finished pets riding too.
They have lumberjacking with trees that fall down and than regrow, mining, fishing, cooking.
They have campfires and tents and blankets, you get hungry and thirsty and tired and than eat, drink, sleep.
The fighting system is awesome: you fight realtime, with mouse defining how much tension at the bow and aiming (archers in fight mode are automatically in ego-view) or melee with mouse defining hit direction and how hard to hit.
Pets can be trained, ridden, scout for you, defend a target, follow a target, attack a target or just walk around grazing. You can have horses and spiders and Demons and Archer Henchman etc.
NPC and trading and Quests are in too.
It is skillbased. But you have level too, every so often at levelup you get points you can spend at your stats.
The GUI is pretty well thought through, better than in Wish.
And all that they call alpha test (application runs till 15th of january so when you want to check it out, better hurry).
They have free movement with WASD or Mouse as in UO.
But they have zones as in Planeshift - thought the loading is very very fast.
So I think if you really consider to merge with an existing project, why not with Freeworld? I think they could need some help, especially for art assets but other areas too. But it is not open source ...
So if you really make the decision depending at this, of course than Freeworld isn't an option. Thought I think having something already as far along the way and Wish-like is more important than open source.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
isupreme
post Jan 15 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Seasoned User

Member No.: 130

There are some basic design differences between freeworld and wish.
( i am testing freeworld as well)

1. The player skill at aiming and manipulating the avatar is paramount. Archery consists of AIMING! Imangine that ! I believe this would be in direct contrast to Wish, where the emphasis was on character abilities.

2. the skill set up is very grind oriented. Supposedly it never ends. They just keep making higher level goodies and monsters...... supposedly. up to like 200 lvl now....

would be interesting to see them combined somehow but i think there are philosophical differences.
+Quote Post
Strangerr
post Jan 15 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #3

Power User

Member No.: 50

As this has really nothing to do with Project Wish I'll move it to "Other" :)

--------------------
You can lay on your back for hours and imagine clouds are various animals, but in the end they are just clouds...
+Quote Post
Gil Gadal
post Jan 15 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #4

Familiar Face

Member No.: 41

I have played FW...I tested it for a Phase...I came into that game and am still very well known there...

I would like to see this game do very well but when I played it still only in it's alpha stage it took a pain...I haven't seen what it was like now...

But I may go over to the forums and pop back in saying Hi.

There were stupid maps and you spent more time loading a map then anything else...

The aiming with the bow wasn't a bad idea at all...

It had nothing on Wish though...although Wish was much more complete

--------------------
Name: Gil Gadal
Guild: Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
Site: www.chkforum.tk
Proud Ex-Wish beta 2.0 tester
Ganedan: WISH I was there...
Wish Project...Fight for the cause!
+Quote Post
Valkyrie
post Jan 16 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Familiar Face

Member No.: 68

Actually it has to do everything with Project Wish as Merge with another MMORPG project is considered by the team and I wanted to show why Freeworld is much closer in my eyes to Wish than Planeshift is ...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 12:04 AM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired