Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh C0D3!!!!!! and c0l0rz!
Jerky
post Feb 21 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #1

Former PW Project Manager

Group: PW Admin
Member No.: 62

You will notice that there is a new color theme for PW. This is to help people understand the changes that have happened and that are happening. Some of the changes have not been entirely clear to people, and we have had a number of people apply for the team recently. Part of that is my fault, for not removing the Help Wanted sections.

We appreciate the support we have received from a number of people since the recent announcements. It seems there is some desire for the site I hinted at and our code. This new site is the first step, but I would love help if someone out there wants to help take PW in this new direction. Since I am working on new things (a new game, shhhh), I do not have the time to devote to PW's new look and feel. Anyone interested in helping organize a new look, new forums, articles, interviews or anything game development related, let me know.

Also, I am in the process of rar'ing up our svn code. It is a huge mess. So much so that I do not feel like trying to organize it. I will break the download into 100mb chunks, but it may end up being a few hundred MB's. There is a lot of odds and ends in there. Many small prototypes and half-finished tools. For those looking for a gold mine of code to dig through, you might just like what you see. Currently, we have more bandwidth than we know what to do with, so I don't imagine that will stop us from posting all this code to anyone who wants it. To answer some questions ahead of time, all our OUR code will be under a BSD license, unless otherwise specified. This should allow anyone to do whatever they want with it. There are parts of Boost and Ogre, which for obvious reasons, cannot take on the BSD license.

[Edit]
Ok, the files are done uploading. Here they are. There are 4 files, all almost 100MB each. Extracted, there is over 800MB of code/files. It could definitely be shrunk, but I don't really have the time right now to do that.
[Edit 2]
There are 2 files, both almost 100MB. Extracted its just about 400MB. Thanks jacmoe for telling me how to strip all the svn junk out.

Part 1
Part 2

--------------------
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
Project Manager
My Blog
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacmoe
post Feb 21 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,197

Awesome, Jerky! laugh.gif
Really appreciated.

One thing, though:
I just exported everything using TortoiseSVN, and it left me with a 413 MBs, instead of 851 MBs with svn stuff.
That's one cheap way of decreasing the size of the download. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Jerky
post Feb 21 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Former PW Project Manager

Group: PW Admin
Member No.: 62

I've never done an export before. I was thinking that "clean" should do it, but that does something else entirely smile.gif. Thanks, I'll upload an exported version tonight and update the posts.

--------------------
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
Project Manager
My Blog
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:57 AM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired