Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lasastard
post Oct 11 2005, 08:59 AM
Post #2

Familiar Face

Group: Members
Member No.: 412

Well, considering that this project is running for almost a year now (ok, the start of the real work was sometime in march, as i recall it) i think you can do better ;)
I mean - what does this picture want to tell us? It would be nice if you could also focus a bit on the technical side of the drawing - invest some time in the textures, the environment and general the quality.
You should either keep it completly b/w or color it properly.
Concept art should give a first impression of how the finished product could look like - as an inspiration for story writers and the 3d artists. The picture you present here is something inbetween and could need some improvement.
Anyway, I would suggest some more "informative" views on the city -
-> above the city from a distance (how does it integrate into the evironment, where is it actually located? Mountains, desert??
-> The most important buildings (like the market thing you show above)
-> some examples of the architecture/art

Btw Hi, Emraven - good to see that there is still something going on here, havent checked for some time
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lasastard
post Oct 11 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #3

Familiar Face

Member No.: 412

more like this, maybe (but dont take this too serious just 1h of work and i had to leave out some details from the original picture to safe some time)
+Quote Post
Honis
post Oct 11 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #4

Veteran

Group: PW Developer
Member No.: 539

I like to see that concept art is getting made (ie progress in the direction of a finished game). I wish I had time to enter this concept into one of my solid modeling programs, but alas homework is now my life :(

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
emeraven
post Oct 12 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #5

Long Winded

Member No.: 8

The line art behind it was used as a guide to produce models of this area(more of a tech drawing), I decided to give it some color as a side project (while I was on vacation). Im sorry its not up to standar, but I am by no means a expert in color work (this being one of my first tries).

I wish we could have the money to hire someone with more talent, but have to use what skills we got. You can take take it as more an atomospheric drawing, telling you the style and possible colors.

Please dont take it as definitive or how the textures would look (thats up to the Art team).

--------------------
No longer on the project.
+Quote Post
Reolus
post Oct 15 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #6

Familiar Face

Member No.: 438

if only they could see the models that the team has been putting together :P

This project is further along than what shows up on the website, it's just that since the team revises stuff as they go to get story flow and ideas better incorporated it wouldn't be prudent to post the ideas until they have been fully explored and fleshed out several times :)

plus having a huge cash flow (aka sponsor) would make this go a lot faster. but since they don't at this juncture in time, the team is doing it in their free time and when free time is a bare minimum team members have to move on.

I say great work so far and long live the project :)

--------------------
"My insanity keeps me sane."
+Quote Post
joshpurple
post Sep 28 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #7

PW Artist

Group: PW Developer
Member No.: 613

Just a quick note, I am working on Concept Art for Marr Vellis -buildings and such. But, those will first get posted in the Dev section. The concept art has not been forgotten smile.gif !

Do you guys have any images, links, theme's that you like? What's your imagination creating when Marr Vellis is mentioned?

Thanks!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:42 AM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired