Reply to this topicStart new topic
> List of Programmers etc..
Tool
post Jan 12 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #41

Familiar Face

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

Mole would be more than suitable to fill the role as PM in my opinion (as long as you are willing of course :wink: )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Strangerr
post Jan 12 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #42

Power User

Member No.: 50

Coding is black magic for me so I cant help there but I have added myself to the story writer's as I'm quiet creative and have a huge imagination which helped me write a few decend stories that were used in a few rpg projects in my country (mainly paper-pen rpg) . I would post them but they are in Polish so it would be kind of hard for you to read :P

PS: I am also almost a lawyer so if we need any help in this section I'll gladly help out with any questions you have :)

--------------------
You can lay on your back for hours and imagine clouds are various animals, but in the end they are just clouds...
+Quote Post
Hsae Nothgiel
post Jan 12 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #43

Familiar Face

Member No.: 46

i'm also forum admin now, along with voice actor... not that that really matters for this, but it's at least some form of help
+Quote Post
LiqqY
post Jan 13 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 92

Heh, team is getting full. :)
+Quote Post
thesinner
post Jan 13 2005, 01:17 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 19

Well, sorry I was that busy the last days with university-stuff but now I am back for good.

Of course I don't want to be "left out" on that list, haha.

My background:
I am a roleplayer since the days of Ambermoon (Amiga 500) and have played about every RPG I could lay my hands on since then - so I guess I should be rather experienced by now, being able to help avoiding gameplay-mistakes (like if you put in quests that only make players run around they get bored soon and noone wants to do these quests - but still they are found in tons of MMORPGs). So maybe I could offer some advice and offer some ideas for the game.

As I am also a musician since I was 4 yrs old , I could offer myself - if someone else does the music - as a singer for some kind of a theme or stuff like that. Since my voice is trained for singing, I also could act as a voice-actor, as I can change my voice easily (usually used for reaching specific notes) - but I guess I could do this for voice acting as well.

And since poetry is a big hobby of mine I'd also be willing to contribute some lore, although it might be neeeded to let a natural english-speaker have a look at it afterwards.

This brings me to my last relevant skill - my natural language, which is german. So if you need translations one day or anything else in german or translated from german to english I'd be there to do it.

Now there is one single problem with all of that: my time.
I am not sure how much time I will be able to spend after the 1st April, since my studies of german language will begin at that point and I know myself that I tend to lose the passion if I get the feeling not to "move" something or to actually "do" something. But as long as I have the time to help you - I would volunteer to do so, the earlier the better.

Some things I definitely cannot help with are arts, programming, modelling and technical stuff like that since I simply don't have any "feeling" for it. But if you need a 23 yr old fart roleplay-addicted since he knew what roleplay means, always yaddering about something, a perfectionist by nature, willing to provide you with lore, voice-acting, ideas and his "natural talent" for german *coughs* - well then add me to that damn list :).

But don't say I didn't warn you, haha.

--------------------
It's hard to swallow the truth if you're choking on your pride.
+Quote Post
Foresteer
post Jan 13 2005, 04:28 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 143

well i'm not an artist really :/ more a story writer and world builder :P
+Quote Post
Azgaroth
post Jan 13 2005, 05:23 AM
Post #47

Power User

Member No.: 14

what is the main work for an R & D? not familliar with the title...(sorry if anyone has already answeard that earlier in the thread, but im on my lunch brake and i dont got time to read thru it all, pretty stressed)

---edit----

no need to answear that now, got the answear from the nice people in IRC :D

--------------------
// Azgaroth of the Refugees
+Quote Post
Balderov
post Jan 13 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 227

I notice your PR slot is empty... I'm pretty good in that department.. I'm normally the person who gets my gaming clans spotlight time, exposure, and sponsorships if possible. The finacial I could help with to but that would require a little more detail about what you need, I'm no accountant but I have a good head for numbers and pretty organized..

--------------------
Casual sex is best cause you dont have to wear a tie.
+Quote Post
mortideus
post Jan 13 2005, 07:18 AM
Post #49

PW Founder

Group: PW Developer
Member No.: 5

Media Rep: Faithless
Marketting/Sales: Vampirian
Commnunity Rep: Maddeva

--------------------
Mortideus
Founder/*Old* Project Wish Leader
+Quote Post
Cobra
post Jan 13 2005, 09:06 AM
Post #50

PW Senior Artist

Group: PW Developer
Member No.: 80

All have been added, hope i didn't miss anyone.

I have tooken up Modelling so i have added myself to that list.

Regards,

Cobra

--------------------
Project Wish Senior Artist

IPB Image
+Quote Post
KallDrexx
post Jan 13 2005, 09:58 AM
Post #51

Veteran

Member No.: 51

dsorrent, as long as you are knowledgable, that is all that matters. I have never been paid to do programming (aside from some bash, perl and php that I do once and a while for my job) but I will (hopefully) be a programmer on the project. You should still apply.
+Quote Post
Strangerr
post Jan 13 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #52

Power User

Member No.: 50

The Story Writers team is growing and I would like to welcome everybody in it :) I hope that we will have alot of fun while working toghether and that after we are done everybody will just say 1 word "WOW" ....:)

--------------------
You can lay on your back for hours and imagine clouds are various animals, but in the end they are just clouds...
+Quote Post
Zideon
post Jan 13 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 84

I've been 3d modelling for almost 10 years now as a hobby and I would really like to help the project out. I may also be able to help out in some coding situations, as I'm currently doing a Masters in Informatics which I suppose is a kind of applied computer science. Though it's mostly mathematical models I'm used to programming.
+Quote Post
pearle
post Jan 13 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #54

Familiar Face

Member No.: 159

Interesting. Could this knowledge be useful in developing economic systems? How about modelling combat systems for balance and what not?
+Quote Post
Zideon
post Jan 13 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 84

Hmm, I don't really know much about economics I'm afraid, not really my area. Though I could possibly help develop a combat system. Physics is my subject so I might be able to do more physical coding such as object dynamics (though I have doubts if such a thing would be required in this project).

To be honest though, I was more interested in doing the 3d modelling and it's where I'd probably be the most useful. It's just I may be able to pitch in and help out some coding problems as well.
+Quote Post
Lefty
post Jan 13 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #56

Familiar Face

Member No.: 127

Hi all, I put in my application to project Wish.

I dont have the Technical skills as most of you do (outdated programer/network op) but since 99 I have worked with UO under the volonteer program under Calendryll and been working with the Stratics.com community to this present day.

One of my hobbies is writing skill guides for UO.com, and make appeals to Hanse mostly on game balances (Everyone loves Hanse heh).

I was in the process of working for Inferno of Wish.stratics.com as content editor when Wish was canceled. I didn't even get to write my first Wish guide :[

Anyways I love working with the Player community and would like to work as a player Rep and game consultant.

Thanks for your time.
+Quote Post
Azumi
post Jan 13 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 22

I thought I was under "sound" for music reasons o.O
+Quote Post
Jerky
post Jan 13 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #58

Former PW Project Manager

Group: PW Admin
Member No.: 62

Put Zideon as modeller, then I can learn and not worry about just learning. I can focus more on World building that way, if I am chosen of course ;).

--------------------
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
Project Manager
My Blog
+Quote Post
Azumi
post Jan 14 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 22

I'd like to apply for a position under "sound"
Music specifically. :)
+Quote Post
Hawkins
post Jan 14 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #60

Familiar Face

Member No.: 214

Ok, I would like to nominate myself to the R&D team. This is because I've taken alot of time study and analyze the nowaday MMORPGs theoretically. Yet due to the lack of english writing ability, my theories are not well documented yet.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 08:06 AM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired