Reply to this topicStart new topic
> **(Crickets)**
RicoSuave
post Apr 23 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 585

It has been awfully quiet around these parts lately. I was hoping to hear something a bit more recent about the status of PW. The last written statement is approaching a year old. If no new information or updates are available, please let us know. If you have some type of confidential information that cannot get "leaked" out, please let us know that we're not privy to it. mellow.gif The main thing is that we haven't heard much from Leadership recently in the way of an official PW News Update.

It would be nice to know how things fare. If we are behind schedule, and we're able to help, list the areas that we're short-staffed on. It might help us figure out where we need to focus our efforts (slow yet steady progress).

The main thing is just to keep information flowing. Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jerky
post Apr 23 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #2

Former PW Project Manager

Group: PW Admin
Member No.: 62

Yeah, yeah. tongue.gif. It has been brought to my attention already, and it was on my list to do, but obviously it hasn't happened yet unsure.gif. Many of the PW devs have gotten new jobs, myself included. Coming with that is need to prove to the new employer that you are an asset, so time spent on work increases. Add in a new baby (for me) and you get less time than is desired. I have been meaning to make a new news post for quite some time, but haven't had the time.

As far as development goes, things have slowed down, but haven't stopped. We have been focusing on design for our various systems/engines, but do not have anything ready to be announced on that front yet. You can expect a more in-depth post on the front page from me soon.

P.S. I added some new anti-spambot features to the website last night.

--------------------
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
Project Manager
My Blog
+Quote Post
RicoSuave
post Apr 23 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #3

Master

Member No.: 585

CONGRATULATIONS on the baby, Proud Daddy!!
What's your baby's name? Weight? Height? etc?
How's your wife doing? Giving her time off probably doesn't help your hobby-list any, huh?
That's awesome.

I really didn't mean to be offensive in any way whatsoever with this thread. I was just *VERY* curious why we haven't heard anything. With your one post 90% of my concerns were resolved. wink.gif

I expect that tempo of the Project will increase & decrease at random times as Life rears its (occassionally) ugly head. Great to hear that the Project isn't dead. To the contrary, the fact of your exceedingly quick response proves otherwise. Bravo!

This post has been edited by RicoSuave: Apr 23 2007, 02:53 PM
+Quote Post
Jerky
post Apr 23 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #4

He is now 5 months old. I'll shamelessly plug my family blog site here for anyone interested. Who knew my wife was such an avid blogger? I won't brag too much here, visit it here if you like:
http://briggsfam.blogspot.com

He doesn't hold me back from PW too much, as most of my time was at night, its my work that does. Since he is finally on a sleep schedule, I do have time at nights, like I used to, but that goes to work. It won't be this way permanently, but it will be for a few more months. I'm working a lot of big projects that I end up taking home with me. I'm not required to, but I do to show off my work ethic, and just make a good name for myself in general.

--------------------
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
Project Manager
My Blog
+Quote Post
PinkDino
post Apr 28 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 834

Your son is cute. Before you know it, he will be grown up, and moving on. I have three children. Hard to believe my oldest child just turned seventeen in March. The younger one is twelve, and the youngest is ten.
+Quote Post
Jerky
post Apr 29 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #6

Thanks! I know, time flies, doesn't it?

--------------------
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
Project Manager
My Blog
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:52 PM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired