Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas/Suggestions on almost everything
Project Wish > General Category > Ideas
ColdRainofBlood
I'm not sure if anything I say hasn't already been said before or not, sorry if they are.
While viewing some of the requirements, I had some suggestions or things to add.

Races, I don't think there should be nearly as much as on that list, too many will be too much work as well as being unnecessarily, maybe far into this project when the game is finished, new races can be implemented if needed, but I think the number should be limited. My own suggestion of races to be included would be:
Vampire
Demon/Devil
Angel
"Dragoons" Dragon people
Wolf race
Human
Elves
Monster/Beasts
And whatever more...

A thing about races, well I find that good designs, art and looks attract people and gives a better feeling to the whole gameplay. Ugly monsters such as orcs for example aren't favored much in many games, from my experience. Vampires, Devils, Angels should look like humans, except cooler somewhat with perhaps horns, wings, and even halos, their own set of clothing style and such. Rather than beasts, imps, or overly anorexic pale monsters. I think it's cooler that way and favorable to many...
Along with races, professions, jobs can be varying with the race, and some can easily share certain classes, such as vampires and devils sharing an "assassin" feel while others can be more druid-like, priest-like, knight-like and etc...

As for a setting, I suggest a mix of darkness, holy, medieval, nature, ancient japan, and even an underwater thing that I've heard somewhere on the forum. A beautiful and awesome scenery can give the whole game a better feel to it in my opinion. Too much open space gets boring, empty, too many crowded objects around isn't the best thing either, personally I find night scenes and dusk/dawn the best, the look to a game matters a lot.
Interactivity, I find that pretty important for a great game, in the settings, there could be objects to pick up and use for all sorts of things, including combat, throwing, pushing, moving objects.

Combat should be in real-time and interactive, there could be an aim system or something in which where you strike matters like hitting a more vital area would inflict more damage than somewhere less vital, stomach over arm and such. Just clicking to fight gets boring fast, so a more involved system would be awesome. I was thinking of jumping and dashing, as well as an important factor to me, speed. No one likes slow games in travel or anything and I feel that speed gives a bet overall feel of control and enjoyment. Speed, skill and interactiveness, that would be in my opinion the ideal battle system. Along with interactive objects that can be thrown for damage and such, jumping, evading, dashing, are pretty fun ideas that bring more depth to the game.

Environments should be interactive as well, such as being able to jump on roofs and to roofs, trees and other structures to increase interactivity. Being in control of the game makes it all the more enjoyable.

Music is something to be considered, awesome music makes a game so much more wonderful... Hiring some talented composers would do well, I have someone here to recommend if needed.

Awesome art, music, environment, interactivity, battle system, characters sums it up pretty much unless I'm missing something. A story is harder for MMORPGs but a good one sure helps although I find that few really pay attention to one, everything seems to matter.

This is merely what I suggest, sorry if I sound incoherent, I'm merely writing as I think... And once again if I mentioned ideas already mentioned, sorry, I think this sums up my thoughts.
I realize some of these things are extremely hard to do and may not be done, but they're still awesome ideas to consider.
Sneezy
WOO hey cold :P glad to see you're here! and posting, too.

anyways. err, as for the races...the ones we currently have right now i'm not too satisfied with but that's really not my decision. i think angels and demons could be linked to humans, but halos would be a corny idea imo >_>;;

jump onto roofs? well, probably in a ninja game but i think it'd be hard in an mmorpg-type game for people while fighting to be jumping around, implimenting it at least. wait. *just thought of kingdom hearts*

combat should definitely be real time. i'd go nuts if it was like final fantasy. :P since this game doesn't really have a 'THEME' i guess all the like, ancient japan, natural enviornments (there's stuff like ancient machu pichu >_>) would be great to see; now it's up to the graphics designers to pull them off. i really thought the enviornments in lineage ii are appealing even in small screenshots. it draws attention.

i like wolf race. there should be anthro races. u_U;; vampire probably will make it, i dunno. elves are...a definite in like any game, and what game doesn't have monsters? ^_^ if you got any ideas for any of those races i'll be glad to sketch it out and post it on the fourms or something.

byebye coldy~
emeraven
Hey Cold I think you could look at this secion as a sand pit, you can probably play around with ideas and invite some dicussion. You can try a search perhaps, I know they are not always the most relaible things.

Anyway, welcome :)
exocrine
Don't worry about it. And don't worry about making a bunch of posts either, it works out better if you do. :)
ColdRainofBlood
I was considering to post in the requirements section but I wasn't sure if I should and what I wanted to say would require probably a lot of posts, so I thought it'd be easier to summarize it all into one post. Sorry though.

I wouldn't find it awkward to see angels and devils walking around.
My idea of vampires wasn't necessarily to be like a plague race to spread diseases, just like a normal kind of race.

Humanoid dragons can work with scales on the body and maybe partially the face, I can probably design such things.

Since I don't know all the ideas that's been said and such, I considered this a good place to post this, I apologize if I shouldn't have...
xardy
if you add in vampires you should be able to choose a seondary race. Not only humans can be vampires imo elfs could be vampires to. Thats something i hate in most games, when choosing undead you are an undead human but there are no playable undead dwarfs or elfs or whatever. (should be possible).
Rizen
Regarding the races, IMO Im not sure if several of those ideas would work. Having something like a devil and angel class would be something that, while it would be very cool to be, would not be as likely to be happening. I think it would be a bit awkward if you were walking down a street and you were surrounded by a bunch of angels and devils going about their way.

For vampires, Im not sure if those should be offered as an "immediate" race. It would, I think, be very awesome if there were vampires in the game that someone could contract the disease from. The same concept could also apply to werewolves.

Im almost positive that there will be a human race in the game, and elves are a likely possibility as well. For a dragon type race, that could be interesting if designed properly. The trick would be to get a reptilian looking creature that is also humanoid. A wolf race could be really cool, too, as would a lot of animal races.

Oh, and one last thing-Youre more than welcome to send in an application to join the story and/or art team. It never hurts to get more help!
ColdRainofBlood
Edit: As an artist (somewhat) and a writer (somewhat) I'm willing to help design characters and other things, and even help with the story if needed, although I may not be good enough, I'm a bit more confident in my artistic skills than writing although I have less creativity in writing compared to drawing, well I may not be creative either way... Assuming I must show a sample of my work with an application, I'll do that later... I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.