Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello everyone!
Project Wish > General Category > Greetings and Salutations
Stroff
My name is Kevin and I felt compelled to drop in and introduce myself. I found my way here looking for a world editor for OGRE. I found and took a look at Dwarf and thought, “Ok, here are some serious people into quality”. Caught wind of your site and here I am.

The site and your quest hit home with me on many levels. I played “Advanced Dungeon & Dragons” and have a natural love for adventure games. I also have a natural love for computers, web related technologies and 3D graphics. One of my dreams was to create a huge MMORPG that would be “fresh”, innovative and a world you could just get lost in.

Funny enough I haven’t really played any MMORPG’s due to a lack of time. When those types of games started coming out is when I was always busy with life. I almost started playing EverQuest shortly after it came out. Actually I would love to play one some time.

I have played a few adventure games through. The last one I played was Morrowind which was the closest to my idea of a great adventure game. I thought your video and editor had that kind of feel. Very good high quality stuff!

Morrowind was great, you could go for the major quest, sub quest or just go off and do whatever! All the other adventure games I had played before that were to restricted, level bashing games. As good as Morrowind was though it could have been improved upon. My ideas even morphed Morrowind.

Lately I have been thinking of my dream once again. I guess all of this is why I related to your site. That and the nice invite to drop-in.

I currently work full-time on my own web/consulting business after working in the IT field for 7+ years.

Keep up the great work and I hope your quest is successful!

--
gsmker_Kevin
Maxwell
Welcome Kevin, is it ok if I call you Kevin? Having a busy life can make dropping by the forums a hard job, so drop by when you can, and drop into the IRC sometime too. See You in the Forums.

I hope you love it here at Project Wish!
Stroff
QUOTE(Maxwell @ Dec 15 2006, 07:20 AM) *

Welcome Kevin, is it ok if I call you Kevin? Having a busy life can make dropping by the forums a hard job, so drop by when you can, and drop into the IRC sometime too. See You in the Forums.

I hope you love it here at Project Wish!

Yes you may call me Kevin. That is just fine.
Jerky
Hi and welcome! Your RL situation sounds a lot like mine, cept my web business is on the side of my IT job during the day wink.gif. I havent actually played a pay-to-play MMO in quite some time. Thanks for the compliments and feedback, we appreciate it.

PW is really about a quest we have to do what our dream is. We want to have a game that is different. It is going to take us some time to get there, but we are having a blast along the way. Like Wish was set to be, I would say we draw a lot from UO.

Like maxwell said, we hope to see you around and even on IRC.
joshpurple
I'm late in posting here, but I still wanted to say, Welcome to PW! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.