Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vampires
GageEndal
post Jan 17 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 197

Just a throw out idea here. What if Vampires are not a race / class, but a clan of sorts. They are an in game clan that has some intiresting powers.

To join the clan you have to be bitten by a Sr. member of the clan, the clan is a pure RP/PvP clan. They mix well for this case since the Vampires could be one of our primary bad guys. They get a few powers that are uber weak for the first month or so (in game year) and as time goes on you develop more powers. No vampires can go out in the daylight, that's just too much power. But they get bonuses to all stats that go higher as time goes by.

We could also have an anti-vampire.. a hunter or something. They are similar to the Vampires since they would have to be an in game clan, but joining is open to a wider group of people. Since Vampires would be stronger at hand to hand combat, the hunters would have to excel at ranged and hand to hand, that way they can get rid of some suck-faces early on. The hunters are joined by a trial that the Sr. members decide oversee. If the new hunter is accepted then they are admited and given some items that as time goes on, help their stats more and more.

These are just some toss out ideas, things to make the game a bit more intiresting I would think. It would also be kinda fun to have clan wars in the game that are a bit more prepared than we have seen before.

--------------------
"I am suddenly more and more glad that I am a big stupid warrior."
- Daniel Nicolai - 2006-10-18

"but other times I want to don a feathered cap and go prancing down the byways in pretty purple tights"
- Daniel Nicolai - 2006-09-20
---------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Nicolai
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Foresteer
post Jan 17 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 143

Hmm i like that idea more then having them as a starting race. They would still be a race in my opinion with different stats and abilies and apearence... but if you want to be a vampire that puts you on an interesting quest you must A. start acting like a vampire (to find them you must act like them) B. find one C. Tell you intrest to them D. Surely they would ask you to do something to them to show you are not just "OMG V4mpyr3s ar3 t3h k3wl!!" and serious about it
+Quote Post
Azgaroth
post Jan 18 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #3

Power User

Member No.: 14

iF vampires would be created i would prefer the clan idea above that having them as a starting race. Coz i can see vampire-dwarves and vampire-humans and even Vampire-Elves, and would the vampires be a starting race, how would they look, like humans? like Nosferatus?(anyone played Vampire the masquerade, if you have, you know what im mumbeling bout :D)

--------------------
// Azgaroth of the Refugees
+Quote Post
GageEndal
post Jan 18 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #4

Veteran

That was the line I was trying to go for. We are all players of many games, we all have strange backgrounds that suface dwellers would never understand (hell, we all got that joke... kinda sad really ;)). We can make a game that we all would want to play on, something that is balanced and fair while still being totaly pimp.

Once we get our first player the setup of MMO can truely begin. Even with a small world to start we can have something great. We can start with just a single city with a few small outcroppings where a goblin troupe lives, have the first race only be humans and we build out from there. Many games start like this, but only a few can strive to make it past this point and achieve something great where players will say to their friends at work "Damn! Last night my Guild went apeshit on this horde of gargoyles that broke free from the spell that the archwizard Archelon cast upon them. It was uber intense and in the end half of us died, but (this is where we lie) I was able to get in that final shot and kill Rupert, the lord of the Gargoyles!" Be honest, you know you've said that... it's alright, we know.

Role Play is the source of a great game, some people will join up with Ultima Online and find an intiresting guild or clique that we meshed in with, we even enjoy teaming up with our super friends in CoH, I don't know what they do in WoW... never been there... But in each of those games there is a backstory that we all know and appreciate. There is a story that we all want to be a piece of, and god damnit! Let's make our own damn pie! Role Playing is where it's at for all of us, otherwise we wouldn't be posting here. Even you PvPers who are uber l33t and know all the best skills out there to amp your characters know that without RP there is no way you would be playing these games. After all, those RPers are your prime source of income ;)

Let's get this ball rolling and get some content coming in, even if it's just some sketches that you ripped off of another artist and copied with illustrator or tweaked with photoshop. Get it in and let's start getting those creative juices flowing!

Djork! Nerd Rock Forever!

--------------------

"but other times I want to don a feathered cap and go prancing down the byways in pretty purple tights"
Daniel Nicolai
+Quote Post
Bass
post Jan 18 2005, 07:24 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 201

Being able to be turned into a vampire or a lycanthrope over the course of the game (and maybe being able to cure them at a later date) would be a nice addition :D
+Quote Post
GageEndal
post Jan 18 2005, 08:54 AM
Post #6

Veteran

No cure, this isn't friggen Blade. If you want to take the steps of being a vampire and decide later on that it's not for you, ya do the same that any other vampire would do. Head to the beach and get a tan.

--------------------

Daniel Nicolai
+Quote Post
khrag
post Jan 18 2005, 09:36 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 376

When I first started reading this thread, I was thinking, what the hell are these guys smoking? (and do you have any extra for me?) But the way you described your thought on the RP element of it, makes it VERY inticing! Hell I can see the potential! This by far, IMO, is the best described idea yet! not because of the idea, but the passion you put into the idea!

Also, my one cheesy little thought.
With the Vampires, maybe we could do an Underworld kinda idea (minus the guns) Have the Lychs against the Vampire. Built in PvP, and guild war. If you join one, you are an automatic target for the other.

--------------------
The truly wise, understand that they truly know nothing.
+Quote Post
Hankellin
post Jan 18 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #8

Veteran

Member No.: 72

Perhaps not a "Cure" but a control? Such as an amulet to prevent the transformation in a were, and dull the thirst in a vampire?

--------------------
+Quote Post
GageEndal
post Jan 18 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #9

Veteran

That I could handle, but there should be limits. If a Lycan is standing in a field with no trees and the moon is full and huge above him, he's gonna turn. And since he has that amulet it's going to hurt, might even make him black out from the pain.

Vampires... perhaps a potion to make them not need blood so much... sorta like Blade's magical sirum. Just not so cheesy, and that also shouldn't work all the time.

Naturaly like in the movies both Vamps and Lycan should be able to control their transformations as they grow "older," but the normals rules would still apply, full moon = warewolf, sun = 4th degree burns.

--------------------

Daniel Nicolai
+Quote Post
Tool
post Jan 18 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #10

Familiar Face

Member No.: 65

Let me first say that I've been waiting for an MMO to implement vampires ever since i started playing them :P (I love vampire literature)

I definetely like the "clan" idea. It would have to be a difficult thing to achieve though...not just talk to npc and you're in. However, there are also complications with a vampire race / clan. No one would want to be restricted to playing at night. It's not even a matter of being "hardcore" about it. even if your connection droped in the night time then you logged on during the day and poof you're dead...not cool.

I was thinking about these ideas earlier and wrote them down because I didn't think it was very appropriate to bring up this early in development. Here are some of my ideas:

1) I was thinking of some sort of "half-vampire" race. During the day you are a Human but are slightly weaker in attributes. You can weild armor and weapons and all that jazz. During the night, your inner vampire comes out and you are unable to weild weapons and armor, but your attributes (particularly dex/stam and str) are boosted significantly... plus you get some special vampire abilities :wink:

2) Vampires require a special drink in order to walk around in daylight (not very rp'ish)

3) a special region of the map is always dark so vampires can play there during the day

I had some others but I forgot them :(

- Tool
+Quote Post
Tool
post Jan 18 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #11

Familiar Face

I like that idea!
+Quote Post
GageEndal
post Jan 18 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #12

Veteran

3) a special region of the map is always dark so vampires can play there during the day

Well... I liked one of your ideas.. This is something that is totaly doable. As for the poofing in daylight from logging on.. perhaps there could be some set recall points that vampires will go to, whichever is closest is where you go. Like a dark forest, or a nearby cave. Things like that.

After all, when Lestat (ahh yes.. good man) went to the desert he blacked out and burried himself without knowing about it. Something to think of there at the very least.

Also, there would be a lot of nighttime in the game, Not 24/7, but it's a four days IC for every day IRL. That would make it so you can go out and hunt as a clan four times a day, and most people only play for a couple hours each day, it's us hardcore gamers that are here all the time...

--------------------

Daniel Nicolai
+Quote Post
SiDima
post Jan 18 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 404

Im thinking bigger: original WISH was a PvE what about making this one PvP where everything is divided into clans with some having no advd's/ disadv's and others with big bonusese same sized disadv's. PvP any1?
+Quote Post
Tool
post Jan 18 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #14

Familiar Face

very true. The life of a vampire is never an easy one anyhow.
+Quote Post
GageEndal
post Jan 18 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #15

Veteran

Normaly I would say hell no.. but the idea of this is quite intiresting..

What if we have more than one server, each server is for different level of players. We can have a pure PvE server, Natural Server, and PvP server. That way if you just want to RP you go to PvE or Natural, if you are a midway player you hit Natural, and if you are an all out dewd you crack em out in the PvP shard. And over there you can name yourself JuGgAnUt if you want. What the hell ;)

One thing on that though, the first two servers would be more closely watched, the third one is play at your own risk kinda thing. That way we can do some pure evil if we want ;)

--------------------

Daniel Nicolai
+Quote Post
faithless
post Jan 18 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #16

Familiar Face

Member No.: 42

We will -not- have multiple servers.

1. We don't have the cash to fund more than one server.
2. There simply isn't a large enough demand for a PvP server to justify the high costs.
3. It doesn't fit with the original concept of one, single persistant world.
4. You'll be dividing an already small community.

--------------------
Warren "faithless" Ikera
+Quote Post
sblmnl
post Jan 19 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #17

Familiar Face

Member No.: 114

And honestly - I like a good guild war as much as the next person but its not like there aren't games out there already catering to those who enjoy 24/7 mass gankage. Why would we want to copy them?
+Quote Post
khrag
post Jan 19 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 376

Thank you!

Try the upcoming guildwars if thats what you want to play!

--------------------
The truly wise, understand that they truly know nothing.
+Quote Post
GageEndal
post Jan 19 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #19

Veteran

Hey, it was just a suggestion. And I always thought it would be nice to get those pkers out of my server so I could enjoy my PvM lifestyle in peace ;)

--------------------

Daniel Nicolai
+Quote Post
Hackbar
post Jan 19 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 385

Well this is my second time posting on this subject the first time i went on for about a full page and my post got lost :/

Anyway im just gonna keep it short and sweet there should be vampires in the game and were creatures. These things should come in the form of curses when you are bit or if you choose willingly to drink their blood.

There should be a way to cure the curse if you so choose but it should be a very difficult quest.

I dont think anything in a skill based open game like wish or pw should be permenant.

Vampires could gain stat or other abilities as a bonus if they are succesful in feeding on humanoid blood. If they fail to feed they should incur some sort of penalty. Same with werewolves.

In no way should players be forced to become vampires or werewolves.

--------------------
Go get the chains and the orange gag balls.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2021 - 08:16 PM
Original skin by: b6gm6n | Conversion by: Chris Y
hardwired
  hardwired
hardwired hardwired
hardwired hardwired